Friday, April 26, 2013

COLD CUCUMBER DILL SOUP RECIPE

Hello friends! Today I will be talking about a recipe for a cold soup that I absolutely am obsessed with! I've been making this for years, and for all you dill lovers out there, this will be right up your ally! It's a cold fresh soup, so it's lovely for those hot summer days. ^^

This recipe is from a restaurant in Merrickville Ontario called the Baldachin. I'm not sure if the restaurant is still around or if they even still serve this soup, but let's just say it has been a LONG time since I've been there. The recipe card was given to my parents from the owner. I'm not sure how healthy this soup is, but it's very creamy and delicious - ingredients consist of english cucumbers, fresh dill, polish dill pickles, sour cream, garlic, vinegar, water, salt, (and sometimes I add pepper or cilantro, but it's really up to you and your tastes).

Here is a picture of the ingredients, as well as the method. Sorry about the stain on the recipe card, as you can tell, I have made it quite a few times. ;)



Once you are finished, you can garnish it with dill, cilantro, parsley, or any other herb of your liking.

The finished product. YUM!

Let me know if you enjoyed this, and if you would like more recipes. I am thinking of starting to blog everything I make ^^

xo
-Tegan

No comments:

Post a Comment