Saturday, April 27, 2013

BAKED BRIE RECIPE

Hi everyone! Welcome back. This is my second time writing this, because the first time I was doing it on my phone and it died just as I was about to finish the end of the post. Needless to say, I am still posting it for you guys! Ok so here's what you'll need:

1 Brie round with the top layer cut off
1 dozen cherry tomatoes cut in half
3 cloves garlic: 2 minced; 1 sliced in half
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp basil
& extra olive oil to taste

Before starting, set your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.


1. Slice off the top (rind) of your brie round and place into an oven safe deep dish. I am using a brie baker.


2. Slice up a dozen cherry tomatoes and place into a small mixing bowl.


3. Mince 2 cloves of garlic and place into the mixture.


4. Measure 1 tsp of basil and place into the mixture.


5. Measure 1/2 tbsp of olive oil and place into mixture.


6. Measure 1/2 tbsp of olive oil (separate from mixture) and drizzle onto the top of the brie.
7. Take 1 clove of garlic and cut in half. Massage the slice of garlic into the olive oil on top of the brie to marinate it.


8. Mix all of your ingredients in the mixing bowl together and pour onto the brie. Set 5 tomato halves aside. With the rest, place them in a ring gap around the brie. Massage some of the left over basil mixture on the top. Place the 5 tomatoes into the desired garnish (I chose to create a flower design, and place the other garlic slice in the middle). Drizzle any extra olive oil on top if desired.



9. Once finished all of the previous steps, place the brie dish into the oven for 10-15 minutes, or whenever the brie becomes soft enough.


10. Take the brie out of the oven (with protection of course, wouldn't want you to burn yourself!) and place onto a hot plate.


11. Serve & enjoy with crackers, baguette, or whatever else you would like!


So I hope you enjoyed this recipe, and let me know if you would like me to do more of these!

xo
-Tegan

1 comment: